Best Day Ever!
The BookSparks Book Club is Here
You already know BookSparks is THE place for the hottest books all year-long and many of you participate in our reading challenges (high fives!). Now, we’ve launched the BookSparks Book Club and we want YOU to be a part of it! Get all the perks of traditional book clubs – first looks at new books, Q&As with the authors, chats with your friends – and do it all from the comfort of your own home, in your yoga pants and with your favorite glass of wine. Welcome to the #BestBookClubEver!
Sign up TODAY for the BookSparks Book Club!
HOW TO JOIN IN
- Buy the book! Download it to your favorite e-reader or get the physical copy.
- Rally your book squad at your local coffee shop, bookstore or home and prepare for the ultimate book club bash!
- Check our Facebook page every Friday for fun #BookSparksReads Q&A’s, book club activities, quizzes, giveaway winners, our thoughts from the week and more!
- Take a pic of yourself enjoying your book and share on social with #BookSparksReads for the chance to win one of our “book club kit” giveaways! Be sure to tag @BookSparks and the author.
- Keep checking back to vote for the next month’s book!
Share this to let others know about #BookSparksReads:
I love being in @booksparks FIRST-EVER book club! You can join too & read @Leavittnovelist’s CRUEL BEAUTIFUL WORLD! http://bit.ly/2p1WXZe
Announcing our First Book Club Pick
Cruel Beautiful World by Caroline Leavitt
Caroline Leavitt is at her mesmerizing best in this haunting, nuanced portrait of love, sisters, and the impossible legacy of family.
It’s 1969, and sixteen-year-old Lucy is about to run away to live off the grid in rural Pennsylvania, a rash act that will have vicious repercussions for both her and her older sister, Charlotte. As Lucy’s default caretaker for most of their lives, Charlotte’s youth has been marked by the burden of responsibility, but never more so than when Lucy’s dream of a rural paradise turns into a nightmare.
Cruel Beautiful World examines the intricate, infinitesimal distance between seduction and love, loyalty and duty, and explores what happens when you’re responsible for things you cannot fix.
Buzz About the Book
… a fast-moving page-turner about the naiveté of youth and the malignity of power.
Nuanced and engrossing.
Riveting tale that will raise your own heartbeat, too.
A mesmerizing story about love, family, and obsession.
Leavitt’s most accomplished book yet, Cruel Beautiful World, is a seamless triumph of storytelling.